As Punxsutawney Phil informed us, there will be six more weeks of winter. But we don’t need a groundhog to tell us that — in most parts of the country right now, we can see outside our winter that we are in the depths of winter. When it’s this cold and snowy, it’s hard to believe we’ll ever see sunshine again. But we can take action to brighten our winter days. Here are 10 things to brighten your February.
1. That’s a face that is only made when someone smaller and fiercer than you takes your favorite warm spot. Dogs can understand about 250 words and gestures, and this kitty’s gesture is one this pup gets. That kitty needs a cozy pet bed of his own!
2. It’s the only place the snow won’t get to him. Cats love enclosed spaces — it’s because they spend most of the day sleeping and, in the wild, it’s a way to shield themselves from predators. But, surely there’s a more comfortable way to stay protected than a tiny waste basket!
2. You ask for attention from baby goats…. you get attention! They’re certainly lively! They’re the reason we get our morning pep — coffee was discovered when goat herders noticed the goats had a lot of energy after munching on coffee beans.
5. Wait for it… a big bowl of adorable! Fun fact about African elephants: according to the Smithsonian, their pregnancies last 22 months!
6. If only it were that fun for humans to run around an 8’x12′ room! It’s actually not hard to find pigs with this much enthusiasm — according to biologist Lyall Watson, pigs are born optimists.
7. It must be Guinea pig feeding time! Do you know how you can tell a Guinea pig is happy? They purr just like cats!
8. This is what happens when two feet of snow is blocking them from getting outside! These guys are so adorable, it’s no wonder more than a million dogs are named as primary beneficiaries in their owners’ wills.
9. This is one sneaky kitten! Cats are clever hunters — while stalking prey, to cut down on noise and to minimize their tracks, their back paws step almost directly in the spot where their front paws stepped.
10. Have you ever seen so much joy from being sprayed with water? This isn’t too much of a surprise — raccoons love water. They almost never build their homes more than 1200 feet from a water source.
We’re counting down the days until we can have that much fun in water — but we have a few months. Until then, we have plenty of indoor time to plan our summer fun… and entertain our precious pets!