5 Festive Drink Recipes For The 4th Of July
This Independence Day, get into the patriotic spirit by making a refreshing summer cocktail! Here are 5 festive drink recipes for the 4th of July that you can make in your own kitchen.
1. Red, White, & Blue Spiked Slushies
There’s nothing more refreshing than drinking a slushie while sitting outside in the hot summer sun! These red, white, and blue spiked slushies are perfectly themed for the 4th of July!
Serve these slushies in mason jars to make them even more cute and festive!
2 Cups Ice
2-Ounces Blue Curaco
1 Cup Lemonade
2 Cups Ice
2-Ounces Berry Vodka
1 Cup Lemonade
1 1/4 Cup Strawberries (Quartered)
2-Ounces Berry Vodka
1/4 Cup Lemonade
Step 1: Blend together the blue layer ingredients and pour into a cup with a lid.
Step 2: Repeat step 1 with the white layer and red layer, placing them each in their own cups with lids.
Step 3: Place the cups inside the freezer until you’re ready to make the drink.
Step 4: Carefully pour the red layer into a cocktail glass, followed by the white, and the blue on top. Serve immediately to prevent melting.
2. Patriotic Flag Jell-O Shots
While JELL-O shots aren’t technically a drink, these patriotic ones are a must for the 4th of July! The colorful shots will look so festive and decorative among your table spread.
This recipe definitely takes some time and patience; however, it’ll be worth it!
2 Cups Vodka
3 Packets Unflavored Gelatin
3 Cups Boiling Water
1 3-Ounce Box Blue JELL-O
1 3-Ounce Box Strawberry JELL-O
1 14-Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 Dessert Shooter Glasses
Step 1: Start by making the red layer:
- Pour 1 cup of vodka into a bowl, then pour half of the unflavored gelatin packet on top. Let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- After letting it sit, put the red (strawberry) gelatin into the bowl.
- Next, pour in 1 cup of boiling water and whisk everything together until combined.
- Once cooled, fill each shooter glass with the red layer. Make sure to fill only 1/3 of each glass. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
Step 2: Make the white layer:
- In a fresh bowl, add 1 cup of vodka. Put 2 full packets of unflavored gelatin on top. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Pour a cup of boiling water on top and quickly mix together.
- Next, stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Once the mixture is cooled, pour the white layer on top of the red layer in each of the shooter glasses. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
Step 3: Finally, make the blue layer.
- Pour 1 cup of vodka into a bowl and pour a 1/2 packet of unflavored gelatin on top. Leave it for 2 minutes.
- Add the blue gelatin into the bowl, followed by 1 cup of boiling water. Whisk together.
- Let it cool.
- Finally, add the blue layer on top of each shooter glass. Keep it in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
3. Blueberry Lemonade Sangria
If you aren’t looking to go all out with a patriotic themed drink, this blueberry lemonade sangria is a great drink for the 4th of July!
With refreshing fruity flavors, this is the perfect summer drink to have while sitting outside in your backyard.
1 750-ml Bottle Dry White Wine
1 Cup Blueberry Lemonade
1/4 Cup Tequila
1 Cup Blueberries
1 Cup Cold Seltzer
Step 1: Pour the white wine into a pitcher.
Step 2: Stir in the lemonade and tequila.
Step 3: Add the blueberries into the pitcher. Then, slice the lemon and add the slices in.
Step 4: Finally, pour in the seltzer and add ice.
4. Blue Long Island Iced Tea
A colorful twist on a classic cocktail, this blue long island iced tea is sure to bring some patriotic cheer to your 4th of July! Sit back, relax, and enjoy this cold refreshing drink in the comfort of your own backyard.
Feel free to add more or less lemon juice based on your own taste!
1 Ounce Vodka
1 Ounce Gin
1 Ounce Light Rum
1 Ounce Gold Tequila
1 Ounce Blue Curacao Liqueur
3 Ounces Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Ounces Simple Syrup
Step 1: Fill up your favorite cocktail glass with ice.
Step 2: Pour in the vodka, gin, rum, and tequila. Mix together.
Step 3: Next, add the lemon juice and simple syrup. Mix in.
Step 4: Mix in the blue curacao to give the drink it’s bright color.
Step 5: Add in more lemon juice to get the taste you want.
5. Tequila Watermelon Popsicles
Watermelon is one of the most refreshing fruits to eat all summer long! This tequila watermelon combination will add some fresh fun to your 4th of July!
Make sure to keep the watermelon on a serving tray with ice to keep them cold for longer.
3/4 Cup Tequila
1/2 Cup Strawberry/Watermelon Sparkling Water
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1 lb Watermelon
Step 1: Slice your watermelon into wedged and put them in the fridge until you’re ready to use them.
Step 2: In bowl, mix together the tequila, sparkling water, and lime juice.
Step 3: Soak the watermelon slices into the tequila mixture bowl for about 15 minutes.
Step 4: Place Popsicle sticks into each watermelon wedge. Put the watermelon Popsicles into the freezer for 1 hour and then serve!
Looking for more ways to get into the patriotic spirit this 4th Of July? Shop our selection of patriotic decor to find Americana themed accents, wall art, rugs, and more for your home!